- 135 linear miles of roadways
- 6 square mile of public right-of-way
- 24% of your entire City’s footprint
- There are functional and jurisdictional hierarchies of the roadway system
- The road system falls under three public agencies and a number of private agencies
- The City’s complete street resolution and state law require that local plans and concerns
- Traffic speed is the most significant factor in safety of all modes
- The Arterials were designed to move a lot of vehicles at a high rate of speed
- Higher speeds do not necessarily equate higher volumes
- Signalized intersections are the bottle necks, they can regulate speed and are the
primary determinant of capacity
- Tremendous number of six or more lane boulevards: Ford, Telegraph, Michigan, Greenfield – these present unique opportunities and challenges.
A considerable amount of data was collected, mapped and analyzed during the development of this plan and is summarized here. The
data and analysis, coupled with stakeholder input, informed the development of the plan recommendations.